Sunday 21 October 2012

Miss Vintage Wedding

Hello everyone! hope you had a fabulous weekend, mine has been full of James Bond, stop motion, finding new places to drink, having pre-Christmas feelings, eating wayyy too much and new love for hash browns in chicken burgers!... but anyways, about weddings- 

Today Miss Michelle and me went off to Battersea Arts Centre for their Miss Vintage Wedding Affair, it was full of very unique and beautiful ideas and everyone was very nice. Michelle was on bridesmaids patrol taking both myself and her friend Jackie who she is also a bridesmaid for! I'm not really thinking of having a vintage wedding- but it's always nice to look (and possibly steal) their ideas for ours. Here are a few pics taken from it


This is the Venue, its a really nice hall and completely suited the fair. Coincidentally, Mark had been in contact with them already on hiring their other theatre for our wedding reception! watch this space on news on that...


   
this is a really nice cake - all her cakes were nice,
but I didn't get to actually taste any of them!
                                                                             
There was a lot of use of pearls and suitcases - I guess these are just for props? 

completely love the idea of these flags sticking out of cakes! The company were selling them, but i'm pretty sure I can make them- whose up for some DIY with me?! :D 

also love the idea of these cake pops - so cute! I have a book on how to make these- (another DIY project coming on I see...) 
I kinda like this cake as it's not white- its a bit too girly though don't you think? its so easy to make weddings girly hahaha. 

so, yeah these are a few of my finds, let me know what you think! 



Hope you all have a brilliant week ahead! xxx



4 comments:

  1. The venue of this place looks nice - all the props and table helped!
    In Lakeland they do cake pop machine for £20! Doing it yourself will take a lot of time - I watched someone do it... The machine (like the fairy cake ones you have) are soo much easier especially if you're making a few dozens..
    I think thr flags are a nice touch and yeah I am definitely up for some DIYing (I've had lots of practice with these nimble hands - remember us being used as child labours) :)
    Finally, yeah I know what you mean that wedding can easily be turned girly-I'm sure your wedding will be equally balanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! I defo want one of those machines- if not for the wedding, but just for fun to offer people when they come over!! Was thinking of having loadsa cake pops and marshmallows on the table with the wedding cake so people can have some if they like- then we can stick the flags into them! yep- it's like my mum knew that should would need us trained from an early age to create big events like this Mel! we can get some wine involved and make a night of DIY flags and cake pop making :) xxx

      Delete
    2. I envisioned (yes! Big word) marshmallow pops definitely being involved :) I'm definitely up for wine and trying those bad boys out... We need to try them first before the wedding to make sure they taste and look good : D looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life xx

      Delete
  2. I could eat those french fancies right now!
    Very pretty blog, by the way :)

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete